16 February, 2013

In five billion years, our sun will expand and engulf our orbit as the charred ember that was once earth vaporizes.

 Quote by Neil deGrasse Tyson, one of the greatest minds in science today.

Why do we fear death?
Why do we fear change?

Is it fear of the unknown?
Fear of pain, discomfort, suffering?
Is it the fear of what lies beyond?



I'm afraid to fly and I know why; it's not the potential end, but rather the fall. The moment you realize there's something wrong until.... I try not to think about that too much at 35,000 feet.

It's an uncomfortable conflict with my love of travel. They take turns for who wins. It's been a while since I've taken a trip. 

  
In my neighborhood, there are four funeral homes within about a dozen blocks of each other. It may be macabre, but I find them beautiful:














No comments:

Post a Comment